Senior Quantity Surveyor (Construction)
Depending on skills and experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you a commercially focused and experienced senior construction quantity surveyor looking for a new challenge?
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to bring their experience and knowledge to the team and the business.
Salary: Negotiable (depending on skills/experience)
Freelance – We are happy to consider freelance candidates
About the Role:
E.J. Taylor & Sons Ltd is a family run business based in Essex. Our Construction Department offers the highest quality of service to private clients, developers and housing associations delivering specialist house builds to large prestigious developments and affordable housing projects. The department is looking for a confident Senior Quantity Surveyor with extensive experience in construction to join the team and take the lead on high value projects from procurement through to final accounts.
- Prepare, agree and submit valuations
- Control and monitor expenditure v budget.
- Agree costs for variations and prepare variations list
- Design and build – prepare, negotiate and agree final figures and accounts.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts to ensure the smooth running of all works.
- Lead and support less experienced team members.
- Chartered Surveyor MRICS
- 7-10 years as a Quantity Surveyor within a building environment
- Experienced working in new build residential and commercial properties
- Main contractor experience
- Non-adversarial approach and works collaboratively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- BSc Quantity Surveying or
- Ability to work autonomously and lead others.
- Excellent multi-tasker who remains calm and effective under pressure.
If you fit the above, please forward your full CV, Cover Letter and salary expectations
We look forward to hearing from you
EJT Recruitment Team
(NO AGENCIES PLEASE)
E.J.Taylor & Sons Ltd is an equal opportunities employer