£ Dependent on Experience
Employment Type: Full Time
E J Taylor and Sons is a family run construction business providing award winning services to a range of sectors from developers to private home owners. Our Quantity Surveyors offer work closely with our teams on site to ensure a cost effective and high quality result for our clients.
We have a range of opportunities for the right individuals to join our team and grow with the company.
About the role:
· Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
· Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
· Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
· Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
· Perform risk, value management and cost control;
· Advise on a procurement strategy working with the buying team to select and source materials
· Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
· Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
· Allocate work to subcontractors
· Provide advice on contractual claims
· Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
· Value completed work and arrange payments
· Measure the value of work done on site.
· Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
· Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Experience within a similar role
- Have a passion for the construction industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent numerous and financial management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Flexible and adaptable
- Driving License essential
Please forward your full CV, contact details and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you.
EJT Recruitment Team
(No Agencies Please)
EJT is an equal opportunities employer