Senior Quantity Surveyor (Civils)
Negotiable (depending on Skills and Experience)
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you a commercially focused and experienced Senior Civils and Groundworks Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge?
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to bring their experience and knowledge to the team and the business.
Freelance – We are happy to consider freelance candidates
About the Role:
E.J. Taylor & Sons Ltd is a family run business based in Essex. Our Civils and Groundworks Department offers the highest quality of service to private clients, developers and housing associations delivering specialist house builds to large prestigious developments and affordable housing projects. The department is looking for a confident Senior Quantity Surveyor with extensive experience in civil engineering and groundworks to join the team and take the lead on high value projects from procurement through to final accounts.
- Prepare, agree and submit valuations
- Control and monitor expenditure v budget.
- Agree costs for variations and prepare variations list
- Design and build – prepare, negotiate and agree final figures and accounts.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts to ensure the smooth running of all works.
- Lead and support less experienced team members
- 7-10 years as a Quantity Surveyor within a construction environment working on large civils projects
- Main contractor experience
- Non-adversarial approach and works collaboratively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- HNC Quantity Surveying or
- Ability to work autonomously and lead others.
- Excellent multi-tasker who remains calm and effective under pressure.
- Driving Licence essential
If you fit the above, please forward your full CV, Cover Letter and salary expectations to:
(NO AGENCIES PLEASE)
EJT is an equal opportunities employer