Negotiable (depending on skills and experience)
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Company:
E. J. Taylor & Sons is a family run Civil Engineering and Construction Company based in Essex. Established in 1963 we are committed to providing high standards of workmanship and a great working environment for highly motivated people who have a desire to do the job well. Our Buying department is looking for an experienced buyer to join the team and hit the ground running supporting our 4 departments whom carry out contract works in the construction, civil engineering, housing groundworks and maintenance sectors.
About the Role:
Our Buying Department support the procurement activities across our projects liaising pre and post tender to ensure products are purchased within established budgets and within agreed timescales. The department ensures prices and products are evaluated and positive relationships are built with suppliers. Our busy team are looking for an experienced Buyer to assist with the increasing work.
- Provide prices for materials included in project plans and drawings
- Identify new suppliers and new products
- Contact a range of suppliers to obtain quotations and agree delivery times
- Keep detailed records and maintain a well-organised work schedule
- Assess the reliability of suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and environment requirements of materials and services
- Liaise with estimators at the tender stage to ensure that accurate project costs are provided
- Prepare and maintain cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once the contract has been secured
- Experienced Buyer within the construction industry
- Proven track record working on large scale projects in a similar role
- Ideally qualified in a relevant discipline
- Strong IT skills including excel and word
- Knowledge and experience of working on tenders essential
- Full driving licence
- Personable and Trustworthy
- Team Player
- Commercially aware
- Ability to build positive and effective working relationships both internally and externally
If you fit the above, please forward your full CV, covering letting and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you.
EJT Recruitment Team
(NO AGENCIES PLEASE)
E.J.Taylor is an equal opportunities employer