Modern Slavery Statement
It is estimated that around 30 million people in the world are treated as slaves; it is an international crime transcending, boarders, age, gender and ethnicity. Its victims include those trafficked to the UK from abroad to vulnerable people in the UK, who are forced to work illegally and against their will across a spectrum of industries including our own field of business, construction.
E.J. Taylor and Sons are committed to understanding the risks associated with modern slavery and aim to establish a zero tolerance to violations of anti-modern slavery and human trafficking laws. We will educate our employees and supply chain of the need to comply with legislation combatting modern slavery and ensure that breaches are dealt with in line with the law.
Company and suppliers
E J Taylor and Sons Ltd are a Civil Engineering and Construction Company based in Essex, our main region of business activity is the Anglian and South East of England. The majority of our supplier and subcontractors are local to our area of activity, be it small specialist contractors to national building suppliers.
The company has the following procedures in place that aim to ensure modern slavery does not occur in our business or supply chains.
- We operate a robust system of checks to ensure recruitment is in line with UK law, all right to work documents are checked and ages verified.
- Our remuneration exceeds minimum wage requirements.
- Our sub-contractors are local SMEs, most with long standing relationships with the company. They understand our ethos and ethics and collaborate closely with us in fulfilling our policy and legal obligations.
- We operate a responsible purchasing policy.
- We are introducing a supplier code of conduct to ensure new suppliers and sub contractors are aware of our intention to step away (without penalty) from any agreements should a breach of the anti-modern slavery act occur.
- Our employees are being helped to understand more about this issue and how they should report suspicions they may have
This statement will be reviewed and updated as appropriate.